‘Teletherapy’ is simply therapy that’s provided through live video streaming over the internet, allowing clients to practice and sustain good mental health while doing their part to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). At Jeremy Frank & Associates, we use secure, HIPAA-compliant video conferencing services such as Zoom, doxy.me, and others so you can easily connect with a therapist from wherever.
In some cases, we can use video streaming apps like Skype, FaceTime, and Google Hangouts if you’re more comfortable with those or any other platform. Learn about teletherapy to see if it’s right for you! For more information, please call 215-356-8061 or message us through our contact form or by email.
Teletherapy During Coronavirus
Teletherapy is a type of online counseling where you connect with a therapist who is right for you no matter where you’re located via remote video conferencing. You receive the same treatment as you would in person, but it’s through a computer, smartphone, or tablet instead.
Benefits of teletherapy include:
- Safety: Illness won’t spread between clients and therapists which protects everyone.
- Easier access: It’s easier for clients who live in remote areas or have limited mobility or access to transportation.
- Reduced cost: It eliminates the costs associated with travel time and gas.
- Flexibility: Clients have access to more therapists and can select a therapist who can work with their schedules.
- Consistency: It can be scheduled more frequently because clients don’t have to commute or miss sessions due to poor weather conditions or sickness.
- Comfort: It offers more privacy than going to a therapist’s office which helps eliminate the social stigma of receiving treatment.
What to Expect in a Session
Teletherapy sessions are scheduled just like regular therapy or counseling appointments. A therapist from Jeremy Frank & Associates will help you get set up and connected via secure, HIPAA-compliant video conferencing. Your session will be much the same as if it was being conducted in-person.
Dr. Jeremy Frank, who oversees Jeremy Frank & Associates in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is both a psychologist and a certified drug and alcohol counselor. Our staff includes an array of counselors, therapists, and psychologists with different backgrounds – male, female, mature, younger – to find the right match for clients. Please don’t hesitate to request specifically what sort of counselor, therapist, or approach might be the best fit for you. Whatever you’re going through, we can provide appropriate treatment for you.